Sunday, July 11, 2010

4th of July

The 4th of July weekend was awesome at Lake Travis. It was our first time this summer to go to the lake house and I did not realize how much I had missed it. It is just so nice to look out the huge windows and see mountains and the lake. Just beautiful! I just can't help but praise God when I am there.
On Saturday we woke up and got ready for the parade in Lago Vista. I got a kick out of Jeremy because he turned down going skiing that morning. When his mom asked why he told her, "I need to get everyone ready for the parade, we don't get ready in just 30 minutes anymore." Wow have things changed from getting up at 6am and flying out the door so we can get the good water. :)
Cousins

Cayden 2, Emily 22 months, Ansley 3, Brinley 6 months, Cody 2 months
All the kids with Nana and Papa

We had a blast at the parade. Cody was great, he sleep the entire time. The girls a fun time picking up candy with cousin, Cayden.

That evening we celebrated Christy's Birthday and had a great new cake that Karen made, Strawberry Cake with Germain Chocolate Icing. YUM. Then we took Jeremy's homemade Strawberry Ice Cream to the dock to watch fireworks. The kids were to tired, well...except Cayden. He really enjoyed dancing during the fireworks.


Daddy being silly Emily got into my makeup. I was really proud that she knew where to put the maskara.


Cody having fun on the dock. No swimming for him.

Sunday morning, Jeremy and I got to go skiing. The water was not great but we had a great time. The rest of the weekend we floated and swam with the kids. It was a wonderful weekend with the family.


I just love this picture with Cody. There is something about a boy and his momma. I could just hold and kiss him all day.

No comments: